The Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center (VT PTAC) invites small business owners to a free workshop on selling to the government. The workshop, “Advanced Federal Contracting Strategies,” will be held Wednesday, October 30, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Sheraton Hotel in Burlington.
Even under sequestration, the federal government still purchases billions of dollars in goods and services from the private sector, so the workshop remains relevant even in the event of a prolonged government shutdown.
This workshop is designed for established service or manufacturing businesses who are interested in expanding their contracting opportunities through joint ventures. Attendees will learn:
• The mechanics of creating successful teaming arrangements
• Federal Mentor-Protégé Programs – what they are, who they’re for, and how they can help with business growth
• Long-term (multiple year) contract strategies
• Procurement cycles and best contracting points of entry
• How to work effectively with prime contractors
• Optimizing success with small business liaison officers and supplier diversity managers
• Tips on locating specific federal buying groups and opportunities for your products or services
• The source selection process and tips for successful proposal preparation
Presenters include Michael Hormel and Rob Leahy, attorneys from Washington, D.C. law firm Hamilton Pepper, whose practices specialize in government contracting. Military procurement expert Bob Richardson will also offer insights from two recent success stories, including a project in which he helped organize a team of Vermont-based businesses that was awarded a $4.5 million dollar Air Force components contract.
To register for this free workshop, and to see a complete listing of our training events, go to: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or contact a VT PTAC Procurement Counselor: Joanne.Spaulding@state.vt.us (802) 828-5243.
About the Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center: The purpose of the VT PTAC is to help Vermont businesses succeed in obtaining government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.
VT PTAC Program Headquarters: 1 National Life Dr, 6th Floor, Montpelier, VT 05602, (802) 828-5237, http://accd.vermont.gov/business/start/vtptac
Media Contact: Angela Owen, Vermont Dept. of Economic Development, Agency of Commerce and Community Development, Angela.Owen@state.vt.us; 802-828-5237