April 03, 2015
U.S.-Canadian Aerospace Corridor Creates Manufacturing and Supply Chain Opportunities for Vermont Companies
The Vermont Global Trade Partnership, together with the Vermont U.S. Commercial Service Office and Vermont Chamber of Commerce, is bringing six Vermont companies to Montreal for AeroMart Montreal 2015. The event will give U.S. and Canadian companies an opportunity to showcase their businesses, identify potential business suppliers and buyers, meet key decision makers, and hear from aerospace experts.
The matchmaking event is supported by an SBA STEP III grant that Vermont Global Trade Partnership secured last year. It follows a Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce and Aero Montreal, a strategic think tank for Quebec's $12 billion aerospace cluster. Aero Montreal is part of the $22 billion Canadian aerospace industry.
AEROMART helps aerospace businesses explore new markets, such as China, India, Russia, and Mexico, and to create brand awareness about new programs and trends. Most importantly, AEROMART provides a remarkable opportunity to identify new partners and business contacts. Over the two-day event, suppliers and contractors participate in a dynamic program including: One-to-One Business Meetings, Conferences, Thematic Sessions / Technology & Product Workshops, and Do Business with Sessions.
Aviation and Aerospace combined represent a $2 billion industry in Vermont. According to the Economic Impact on Civil Aviation on the U.S. Economy study done by the FAA, the economic impact of civil aviation alone for the state of Vermont includes:
* $999,609,827 in economic output
* $257,573,811 in earnings
* 9,369 jobs
The six Vermont companies are attending AeroMart:
* Concepts NREC is a full-service turbomachinery resource providing design, engineering and advanced manufacturing services, as well as specialized CAE/CAM software and education, for aerospace and naval/marine.
* Liquid Measurement Systems (LMS) specializes in the engineering and manufacturing of fuel measurement systems for aircraft. LMS systems are trusted for their reliability, cost efficient design and lightweight construction.
* Manufacturing Solutions Inc. (MSI) offers market entry and manufacturing made turnkey for companies at home and abroad with contract manufacturing services and solutions.
* Quadra-Tek is dedicated to engineering the success of customers' products through custom development of tight tolerance, precision molded parts in thermoset or thermoplastics, from prototype to full production, for electronics, aerospace, computer, military and medical industries.
* Stephens Precision offers precision manufacturing of parts & assemblies for aerospace and commercial customers. Registered to ISO 9001, AS 9100 and ITAR. Machine shop air conditioned; QC temperature controlled to assure accuracy of precision machining.
* Superior Technical Ceramics (STC) offers custom engineering & manufacturing of high performance ceramic parts for many industries including aerospace, semi-conductor, medical, industrial ignitor, test equipment & welding.
Looking ahead, Vermont manufacturers in aerospace are focused on the increasing demand for precision tooling in the global commercial aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) market. According to Visiongain, "this market will reach a value of $49.2 billion in 2013 in response to growing demand for maintenance services to handle the global fleet of commercial aircraft."
About the Vermont Global Trade Partnership
Vermont Global Trade Partnership (VGTP) is Vermont's center for international business assistance. Our programs help all of our "Best in Class" Vermont businesses succeed in international markets by providing international trade related educational seminars, trade show participation, technical assistance, and one-on-one consulting services.
Contact: Becky Fu Becky.Fu@state.vt.us, Vermont Global Trade Partnership, 802-272-0543
Source: Department of Economic Development
Last Updated at: April 03, 2015 13:31:12