March 12, 2012
The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation is making available for public comment the draft 2012 303(d) List of Impaired Waters and the 2012 List of Priority Waters. A public meeting to present these documents is scheduled for Tuesday, March 27, 2012 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. at the Vermont Student Assistance Corp., 1st Floor Public Meeting Room, 10 East Allen Street, Winooski.
The draft 2012 303(d) List of Impaired Waters consists of the following:
• Part A - impaired waters scheduled for TMDL development.
• Interim List - previously listed impaired waters proposed for de-listing.
The draft 2012 List of Priority Waters consist of the following:
• Part B - impaired waters which do not need a TMDL.
• Part C - waters in need of further assessment.
• Part D - waters for which TMDLs have been completed and approved by EPA.
• Part E - waters altered by exotic species.
• Part F - waters altered by flow regulation.
• Part G - waters altered by natural fluvial geomorphic adjustments.
The deadline for comments is Wednesday, April 11, 2012. Written comments can be addressed to Vermont DEC, Watershed Management Division (ATTN: Tim Clear), Building 10 North, 103 South Main Street, Waterbury, VT 05671, or by email as an attached Microsoft Word or Adobe .pdf document sent to Tim Clear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copies of the draft documents and directions to the meeting can be obtained by downloading from the Watershed Management Division website (www.vtwaterquality.org), by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 802-338-4802.
Source: Department of Environmental Conservation
Last Updated at: March 12, 2012 09:29:35